How To Know When It’s Time to Hire a Business Consultant
It’s no surprise that the Covid 19 pandemic has affected businesses small, medium, and large. As a business owner, you may not have the same resources as larger enterprise businesses. That’s where a trusted business consultant becomes a huge asset. From payment processing systems to protecting your customers and employees at your place of business, dabow® consulting is at your service.
Business Consulting for Payment Processing
As an example, choosing a payment processor can be a daunting task. Payment processing is a general term that refers to how transactions are automated between the customer and the merchant. As your business consultant in the merchant industry we help you choose the processor that is right for your business. One that has great customer service so that both you and your customers will enjoy a satisfying, mutually beneficial transaction.
Deciding to Hire a Business Consultant
Businesses, especially small businesses many times will avoid hiring a business consultant because they aren’t sure whether they need one, when they need one or how to measure the ROI of a consultant. At dabow® we provide advice, guidance, and training in our area of expertise, payment systems, pos equipment, office tools and safety equipment. Basically, the things you need to set up your office and business in the most efficient manner. We help with business office strategy, operations tools, financial advice, risk, and compliance. So, how do you know when you are ready to hire a business consultant?
How Do You Know When You are Ready?
Consider the following:
- Are you lacking in-house resources? Looking to add e-commerce to your website but don’t know how? That’s a good indicator it’s time to hire a consultant to teach you how and help you set things up properly.
- Do you need an expert? When you’re about to make a major decision, like changing from a C corporation to an S corporation, you should consider talking to a professional CPA. Having a specialist who understands all consequences of a decision such as bringing on an investor or improving performance on a project can save you from focusing your money and time on the wrong things. And can help you avoid failure.
- Do you need help with business processes and PCI compliance? Effective business processes and operations are crucial for maintaining your company’s success or failure. And when it comes to PCI can keep your business from drifting into dangerous territory. You may lack the time or ability to critically examine your core business operations. That’s the time to bring in an objective party to diagnose the viability and health of your processes.
- Consider your ad campaigns and funnels: When was the last time you actually read the text that goes out to your prospective clients? Do you know where you put your call to action? Do you know what a Call to Action looks like? What a funnel looks like? There are many marketing gurus involved in creating campaigns that do not understand the complexities of a good online advertising campaign. This isn’t because they are incompetent or lack motivation, it’s because it’s not what they do all day.
- How do you measure the ROI of a business consultant? Measuring the ROI of a business consultant can be a challenge since they often help in several areas, many of which are measured in long-term growth. The Predictive Index Consultant Report found that more than one-fourth (27%) of companies choose not to hire consultants because the ROI is too difficult to measure.
To help you realize the benefits of hiring a business consultant, do the following:
- Set specific, measurable goals at the beginning of your relationship
- Look for ways to measure the intangible benefits of their work. Unclear on how to do that? Ask us.
Consider what you have accomplished so far. For example, if you hired a consultant to help with your business communications, use metrics such as:
- Click rate
- Open rate
- Bounce rate
- Response rate
- Leads & conversions
To measure intangible benefits, think about the difference in your team’s confidence and attitude before your consultant came on board. Then look at that confidence after the consultant has been with you a bit. Track the specific item that prompted you to hire a consultant, to begin with, then ask yourself, how have the items or processes changed?
Optimize and Develop Your Processes
Hiring a consultant can optimize and develop your core processes, as well as show you options and how to utilize them. That can help your company operate more efficiently. Are you lacking in-house expertise in an area of your business? Do you need a second opinion, or need to restructure your business and operations infrastructure? It’s time to call dabow®. We love helping you succeed!
E-Mail: Sherri@daboypay.com or call us at 866-481-1110